Buffalo County Warrants and Arrest Records Search

Nebraska Arrest Records and Warrant Search

Please fill in the form below to begin your Nebraska criminal records search

By searching you certify that you are above 18 years of age

Going to the magistrate’s court or the other branch of the judiciary, that is, the county clerk’s office is just one of the choices available to people interested in an arrest warrant search in Buffalo County, NE. You are sure to have heard from people that the sheriff’s department is the best place to start any inquiry pertaining to criminal history.

Well, everybody who told you that was partly right; cops do, in fact, play multiple roles in the criminal process initiated against an accused. From placing the request for the release of Buffalo County active warrants to making arrests under these directives and from keeping arrest records for the area to letting other law enforcement agencies know about the outstanding warrants from Buffalo County, the department of the sheriff does all of this and more.

However, given the scope of their duties, they will not be able to give you any information on matters that are not of a criminal nature. So, if you are merely seeking an arrest warrant search in Buffalo County to find crime history records, this would be a good place to visit. On the other hand, the county clerk’s office with its court dockets database can also handle requests about civil records.

The magistrate’s court can also provide details on bench warrants, summons, and subpoenas apart from Buffalo County arrest warrants. They can also shed light on certain types of non-criminal cases. To connect with these state departments, you can drive down to:

  • The sheriff’s: PO Box 1270, 2025 Ave A, Kearney, Nebraska 68848
  • The magistrate’s: 1512 Central Ave, Kearney, NE 68847
  • The county clerk’s: 16th and Central, Kearney, Nebraska 68848

How do you contact state agencies over the phone for an arrest report or information about warrants from Buffalo County? (Updated-2021)   

  • Questions on recent arrests: 308-233-5209.          
  • Arrest records-related inquiries: 308-236-8555.    
  • Questions pertaining to victim/witness assistance: 308-236-1222.
  • Details about arrest warrants: 308-236-1229.       
  • Inquiries about criminal court records: 308-236-1246.       

Crime statistics of Buffalo County

The criminal complaints handled by Buffalo County Sheriff’s Department decreased by 27% in 2019 as compared to the previous year. In contrast, to the annual average of 137 events in 2018, around 100 cases were reported in 2019. Over 85 of these complaints were for property offenses, while over 10 were for violent crimes.

Older crime statistics

Annually, about 1300 criminal matters are reported to the police of Buffalo County, Nebraska, and not all of these are rapes and murders. In fact, only about 6% of the cases are of a violent nature, while the remaining 94% of the cases can be attributed to thefts, robberies, and other property-linked transgressions.

Search Nebraska arrest records by county: