There are three ways to conduct an arrest warrant search in Lancaster County, NE. You can approach a state agency listed further in this article; your options include the police and judicial offices, such as that of the county clerk and the magistrate. Another way that also involves the assistance of a government department is to consult the local sheriff’s website.
On there, they offer a list of Lancaster County’s most wanted at http://lancaster.ne.gov/sheriff/index.htm. As long as the subject is on the run from the law and the arrest warrant against him is linked to a felony, there are very good chances that you might find information about him in this list.
However, it should be noted that even if you were to find an outstanding warrant from Lancaster County in the name of this individual on the webpage mentioned, you would not be able to get details on the arrest records to his name through such an inquiry. For this, you will have to reach out to the sheriff’s office in person.
The county clerk’s office, which is also a good place to initiate any inquiry pertaining to Lancaster County arrests and active warrants, will also be able to furnish details on the civil litigations filed under the name of the subject. The court of the magistrate, on its part, will be able to tell you if there are any other legal instruments to the name of the subject, such as bench warrants and criminal summons. To seek a proper warrant search in Lancaster County, you can go to:
- The sheriff’s: 575 S 10th St, Lincoln, Nebraska 68508
- The magistrate’s: 575 S 10th St, Lincoln, NE 68508
- The county clerk’s: 555 South 10th Street, Lincoln, Nebraska 68508
Will state agencies provide arrest records or information on warrants issued in Lancaster County over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- Call the Lancaster County Corrections at 402-441-7530 for information about arrests.
- Contact the Sheriff’s Department at 402-441-6500 for arrest records, incident and accident reports.
- Contact the local court at 402-441-7291 for information on arrest warrants and bench warrants.
- Call the Lancaster County Attorney’s Office at 402-441-7321 for victim assistance.
- Contact the Clerk of Court at 402-441-9187/402-441-7328 for judicial records inquiries.
Crime statistics of Lancaster County
In 2019, over 166 crimes were reported in Lancaster County. Of these, nearly 146 were property crimes and around 20 were violent crimes. That was an increase of 17% from the 202 complaints filed in 2018.
Property crimes included nearly 86 larceny-theft cases and over 41 burglary complaints, among others. The violent crime total included approximately 5 instances of aggravated assault, and 15 cases of rape.
Older crime statistics
With an annual crime average of over 14000 cases and an increase of about 10% in the rates of violent crime, the police of Lancaster County, Nebraska, can do more to make the residents feel safe. Approximately 9% of all criminal cases lodged are against violent matters.