It is not uncommon to find people pointing in the direction of the sheriff’s department whenever a query is raised about the places to go to for an arrest warrant search in Cass County, NE. If you intend to approach the law enforcement agency for information on arrest records and active warrants or would like to understand their role in the criminal processing procedure, here is some vital information.
Criminal matters are initiated against suspects in two ways, by making arrests immediately after the infraction is commissioned or while the suspect is leaving the scene of the incident or enlisting the help of a court to release a Cass County active warrant in the name of the criminal.
In both scenarios, the goal is to bring the accused before the judiciary for a bail hearing and eventual trial. The police cannot reverse arrests made under outstanding warrants from Cass County. This means that the only way to secure release after such detention is to get the court to give you bail.
Cops control the flow of arrest warrants into the legal system in their own way, as the agency puts in the affidavit used as a charging instrument for the issue of active warrants. Over time, the agency maintains Cass County arrest records and even offers information on outstanding warrants to other state and out-of-state justice agencies. To connect with a government establishment that handles warrant searches, go to:
- The office of the sheriff: 336 Main St, Plattsmouth, Nebraska 68048
- The court of the magistrate: 346 Main St, Plattsmouth, NE 68048
- The department of the county clerk: As above
- Most wanted list: http://www.cassne.org/mw.html
Over the phone, how do you acquire information on Cass County warrants and arrests? (This page was last updated in 2021.)
- In order to do a warrant search, call the judiciary at 402-296-9334.
- In order to learn about arrests, contact the Cass County Jail at 402-296-9377.
- In order to request an arrest report or local criminal background check, contact the Sheriff’s Office at 402-296-9370.
- In order to connect with Victim/Witness Services, contact the Victim’s Advocate at 402-296-9346.
- In order to request certified copies of judicial records, contact the Clerk of Court at 402-296-9339.
Crime statistics of Cass County
Cass County’s crime rate went from 176 to 165 incidents between 2018 and 2019. Property offenses received the most complaints, at 138.
In this category, 13 occurrences of burglary and 104 cases of larceny-theft were reported. Around 25 complaints were filed in 2019 due to violent crimes.
Older crime statistics
The annual crime rate of Cass County, Nebraska is about 250 criminal incidents; this includes both property and violent infractions. Of the two, the former brings in the most complaints at about 95% of the yearly total. In contrast, violent criminal acts account only for about 11 incidents annually.